Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Dinner at Red Lobster

So, after I spent my new freedom adding women to my Blogging Chicks blogroll, I picked up Samantha from school and we went to Kohls. Both of the girls had gift cards and were dying to spend them. Sarah wasn't at school today because she had a fever yesterday but since she was feeling better we went shopping and out to dinner.

I was looking for a new pocketbook and Samantha decided she wanted one as well. I told my husband not to bother getting me anything for Mother's Day, I would buy myself a pocketbook instead (I certainly didn't want him buying me one :-).

I found one for Samantha but I couldn't find anything. I looked all over the entire department but couldn't find anything. Part of the problem is that I like to wear my pocketbook at hip level but all the pocketbooks are made to be under the arm. Ok, here's the deal, I'm aging and I don't have lovely, thin, teenage arms. I have flabby, middle-aged arms. I don't think this look is me :-).
After shopping we went to Red Lobster and I decided to have the Lobster Feast which includes a lobster tail, shrimp scampi, crab legs and fried shrimp plus a roll, salad and baked potato. I don't know how people can eat all that food. But it was very good, I recommend it. Plus we had ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery. I had chocolate, caramel and almonds.

Tomorrow I start my diet :-).

Now, my throat hurts and I think I'm getting what Sarah got. That would really stink but a least I didn't get sick during my finals.