Thursday, May 18, 2006

Steal this Post Thursday Meme

So, once again it's "Steal this Post Thursday" and I forgot all about it until Ang mentioned "Thrifty Thursday." Then I remember that we do something on Thursday. Ang, why are you competing with your own blog (remember this is your blog, too)? Why not "Thrifty Tuesday"(though, I do admit it's not as catchy), we don't do anything on Tuesday.

Anyway, I stole this from Ethel who stole it from someone else.

Go to Wikipedia and do a search for your birthday (day and month only, exclude the year).

Post three facts, two births and one death on your blog including the years.
So, here are the results:

September 20

Events (it was hard to choose only three):

451- According to some sources, this was the date of the Battle of Chalons: Flavius Aetius' victory over Attila the Hun.
1187 - Saladin begins the Siege of Jerusalem.
1891 - The first gasoline-powered car debuts in Springfield, Massachusetts, United States.

Births:

1878 - Upton Sinclair, American writer and politician (d. 1968)
1934 - Sophia Loren, Italian actress

A death:

2005 - Simon Wiesenthal, Austrian-Polish Nazi hunter (b. 1908)

If you play, I'll link to you.

BTW, you know, I think I'm going to come up with a cute graphic like Shannon has for Works for Me Wednesday.

Updated to add:

Pamela played and she is the first to have ever done "Steal this Post Thursday" the right way.
I noticed that Mel stole it from Pamela.
And Conservative Musings stole it from her.
Ang made it in under the wire.

I think we're playing six degrees of separation here.