Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Book Meme

I was tagged by Michele for this book meme, so here goes...

  1. One book that changed your life:A Heart for God by Sinclair Ferguson. I savored each page. He writes very well and I recommend it highly.
  2. One book that you've read more than once:Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I just love a romantic story and it was a great beach read.
  3. One book you'd want on a desert island:The Bible. (I have to agree with with Michele). How else will I know my Creator?
  4. One book that made you laugh:Becoming a Whole Person by Cid Davidson. She has some funny anecdotes.
  5. One book that made you cry:The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
  6. One book that you wish had been written:Can't think of one...
  7. One book you wish had never been written: The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon. Not that the history isn't interesting, but 800+ pages in the abridged edition? It was a great antidote for insomnia!
  8. One book that you are currently reading: 1776 by David McCullough. I just got it out of the library yesterday. It's fascinating.
  9. One book you've been meaning to read: It's hard for me to choose one...so here are two; The Well Educated Mind: A guide to the classical education you never had by Susan Wise Bauer. I was hoping to read it before my next semester began; and Christianity and Liberalism by J. Gresham Machen.
Off to curl up with 1776...