Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Long Distance Running is Considered Child Abuse

I'm learning a lot about the British by reading the Daily Mail. Very helpful. Just yesterday, I learned that cross-country running was child abuse:

Cross-country running in schools could be a form of child abuse that breaches human rights, teenagers have been told.

A textbook used in citizenship classes claims the traditional activity is a form of physical abuse.

The guide, which tells pupils their legal rights, suggests cross-country is as damaging as bullying.
Physical exercise is child abuse? Kids have enough problems with exercise, they don't need a textbook telling them it's abuse.

Updated to fix spelling mistakes. You can't expect perfect spelling when I was falling asleep writing it (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).