Monday, December 25, 2006

Exhausted! Christmas is tiring!

I just put dessert in the oven and everyone is either watching the football game or playing Scrabble, so I thought I would take a moment to blog about the day.

I got up at 6:00 AM and finished my Christmas post. I was up till 2:00 writing it and wrapping presents and it needed a little more work before I published it. After I posted it and wrote something for here, Samantha came into the room ready to open presents. So we got Sarah and Doug up which took a very long time.

I got a Palm (woo hoo!), Samantha got a Nano Ipod, Sarah got a video camera and Doug got a down pillow (it's not as pathetic as it sounds). Samantha loved her Ipod and gave me hugs and kisses throughout the day. My Palm has WIFI so I was able to access the Internet, it was really neat to look at my blog on it. Very cool. My old Palm wasn't able to do that. I can also play videos on it. I love it. My husband is the best!

I made french toast, bacon and eggs for breakfast. It's a tradition. Another tradition is to make cheese fondue, part of the tradition is to call my sister for the recipe because I usually lose it. Last year I had it on my Palm and my laptop, so I didn't have to call her, though I did because it was part of the tradition :-) This year my Palm died and my laptop is in the shop so I did not have access to the recipe so I had Sarah call her for the recipe and discovered I was missing an ingredient. Thank the Lord for convenience stores!!! But it threw off my timing all day. I put the pork on the grill late, forgot about the rice and forgot to make the dessert. All I wanted to do all day was play with my Palm. I think we're having Chinese takeout for Christmas dinner next year. I just asked everyone and they like the idea. Better than dried out pork!