Thursday, December 28, 2006

Gerald Ford's pardon of Nixon lead to the war in Iraq

According to Cindy Sheehan:

First of all, I would like to extend my condolences to Mr. Ford's family. Even though he was an ex-President, he was also a husband, father, grandfather, and friend. He was a human being who had private relationships in a very public life and I am sure his loved ones will miss him deeply.

However, Mr. Ford was 93 years old. He lived a full and long life. He spent a very lengthy retirement from public life: golfing and doing whatever else former presidents do. Usually, burying a 93 year old loved one is sorrowful but, I believe his pardon of Richard Nixon is one of the factors that have led to the untimely deaths of over 3000 American soldiers and hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in the Middle East. Just this month alone, 91 of our young people have met early, avoidable, unnecessary and tragic deaths in Bloody George's horrific war. In a month when most people picked out Christmas trees and had joy-filled celebrations in the season of lights, 91 of our nation's families went shopping for burial plots or urns and their holidays will never be the same again... since Nixon got away with his blatant crimes and every President since Nixon has skated away from office after having committed overt and covert crimes, we have on our hands, here, a situation that I am forced now to call: "Bloody George."
(via)

It's amazing how all roads lead to George W. Bush in the minds of some on the left. I'm not sure that when I heard about the death of Ford that my mind would ever have gone where Sheehan's mind took her. This is obsession and as I've said before, I worry about what this woman would do to the President if she ever got close to him. I think she might be able to talk herself into thinking that his murder would be justified (in the same why that anti-abortionists believe that it's OK to kill an abortionist).