Monday, December 18, 2006

Rush Loves the Nativity Movie

I missed listening to Rush today, I was busy Christmas shopping. Like Michele, I'm trying to catch up after the semester.

I was planning to take my kids to see this movie over Christmas break. Here's what Rush said on the show today. I didn't know Rush was a believer, did you?

Here was my take on it. It is magnificently, beautifully done, and it tells a story that all Christians know. We know the story by having read it, and we've seen artists' portrayal of the nativity scene, and we've heard, at Christmastime from the time we were children, the story of the three wise men and the bright star...

I have to tell you the way it effected me: I got a lump in my throat watching, because I'm a profound believer, a true believer. I got a lump in my throat watching the way this was portrayed on film, something that I have thought about my whole life, something that I have been taught, something that is part of every Christmas, at the least, the whole story.


Technorati technorati tags: ,