Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Very Happy Day

Every now and then a great day comes along... today was one of them so please, let me share it with you.

It was the last day of my college semester. I had a research paper due today and an in-class essay final. I am so relieved it's over. No more homework...yippee!! Now I'm done til the end of January.

It gets better.

As I left school, with this tremendous weight lifted from my shoulder, I walk out and it's 60 degrees! Now it might not be a big deal for some of you, but here in NJ on December 14, it's never this nice. Usually it is freezing rain. What a gift from the Lord! I even drove with the top down on my convertible! The reason I take notice of the weather on this particular day is because it's my birthday. Yes, I'm 44 today. And you know what ? Being 44 isn't so bad; as a matter of fact, my forties has turned out to be better than I thought.

Then, I went shopping to spend the $$ my in-laws gave me as a gift. I found the *perfect* pair of jeans. I even got to go in the dressing room *all by myself*. No kids, a real treat.

Also got the gift of a nice, long-undisturbed bubble bath. It was delicious.

Here's what my thoughtful husband is giving me for my birthday: an overnight stay in New York City. My sister is watching our 3 daughters. I plan to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. (Mike has to work, so I get to savor it all by myself) Then we'll do dinner, check out the tree in Rockfeller Center. I can't wait, NYC at Christmas time is beautiful.

Thanks for letting me share.