Sunday, December 16, 2007

Doug Wilson is blogging through Piper's book on NT Wright

Wilson will be blogging, chapter by chapter, on Piper's The Future of Justification: A Response to N. T. Wright. Wilson praises Piper's approach to the material:

I really appreciate how careful John Piper has sought to be in the process of writing this book. I was asked to give feedback on the earlier draft as someone who likes a lot of what Wright is doing, but also as a sometime critic of Wright's. In the acknowledgments, I am listed as one of eleven people who were asked to give their feedback, which I was glad to do. N.T. Wright was also asked to respond, which he did in 11,000 words. Piper says, "The book is twice the size it was before all that criticism arrived. If it is not a better book now, it is my fault, not theirs" (p. 10).

[...]

As I read through this book again, I intend to blog on it chapter by chapter, as I have done with other books. If the final product is anything like the draft, I am sure I am going to have my differences, and I will note them as we go. But I am also confident that there will be much to appreciate and applaud.
I'm going to try to remember to read it and if I do, I'll post a link to each post.

(via)