Sunday, December 10, 2006

Update to Christian vs Christ Follower and other news

Updated to add: Hey, Christians who are popping in from various links to this post, help a sister (actually sisters) out by voting for this blog before you leave. Click on the icon and vote for us. We are getting seriously trounced and would appreciate your help.

The 2006 Weblog Awards

I've updated the post on the spoof of the MAC vs. PC commercial, so if you've watched it, scroll down for the update.

One of the candidates in our category got an endorsement from Oak Leaf at Polipundit.com and so now we are in the bottom of the pack even further. Getting endorsed by Rocks in the Dryer and Life in a shoe (thanks, guys) hasn't been enough to push us into the winners circle, so please, if you are a big deal in the blogosphere, endorse us so we don't wind up in last place :-)

And man! I found out why it was so hard to vote on Friday, check out these totals. The poor Freepers (I love the Freepers, they helped me get through the 2000 election debacle, they were a life-line when the MSM let me done), I keep voting for them so that they at least beat Kos.

In other news, I'm sick. I think I have a sinus infection and I know that if I go see my doctor she will refuse to give me medicine until I suffer for two weeks to prove it's not a cold. Even though I see her yearly around this time with a sinus infection (for the last three or four years). And it's really bad timing, how can you read about the methodology for interpreting the parables when your head hurts? And since my head hurts, I haven't been able to sleep. You try to memorize the various interpretation methodologies of parables for your final with a head ache and lack of sleep and see how far you get.

Anyway, please vote so that we don't end up in last place (click on the icon).

Oh, and here's a link to a profile of N.T. Wright that's really good. I talk a little about N.T. Wright here.

And check out My Viewfinder, he has such wonderful work. I really love this picture and this one looks like a painting (he tells you how he got the effect), very cool!

Also, I've been meaning to mention this to our new visitors just popping in from the Weblog Awards, you might be interested to know that I have a women's blogroll that has close to 500 blogs on it. And quite a few of them are register at TTLB (the blogroll is one of the reasons we are a Playful Primate). You can find out more about it here.