Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday


Here's another tip for Shannon's Works for Me Wednesday. After the birth of my children, I lost all ability to remember birthdays, anniversaries and other momentous occasions (not to mention dentist and doctor appointments). Thank the Lord for technology. One of my solutions may be too pricey for everyone but I use a Palm Pilot to remind me that I have appointments. I set the alarm to warn me that something is coming up.

The other solution I use (yes, I do need a backup solution because I don't always remember to check my palm pilot) is free and you can get it off the Internet. It will sync with Outlook and remind you of the things you need to do each day, it is Yahoo Widgets. Not only does it remind me of my appointments but there are all types of other widgets that are useful, like the weather for my area, or it randomly displays my pictures in a nice little frame. I can have a to do list, a calendar, an analog clock and even radio stations. There are thousands of widgets available for download.

And since I'm on my laptop all day, this solution works for me!