Friday, July 07, 2006

And now for something completely different....

Since I have been cranky all day I thought I would post something a little less cranky. I just started reading The Sunday Philosophy Club and it's quite good so far. I really like his writing style, it's interesting and eloquent. I know that the writer is really popular and I have seen The No. 1 Ladies Dectiveitve Agency books around but I never thought I would be interested in it and then a couple weeks ago I saw it sitting on the library shelf and decided to read it. I'm glad I did.

I just checked some of the reviews on Amazon, not good. Well, I learned last night not to trust reviews. I watched Aeon Flux, I was going to see it in the theaters when it came out but the reviews were not good, it bombed at the boxoffice and was out of the theater in a week or two. I thought the movie must not be any good but I was wrong. Doug rented it last night and it was really good. It was exciting and action packed. Very interesting developments with interesting twists. And Charlize Theron was stunning. I recommend it.