Thursday, July 06, 2006

Summer Sky

I just came in from enjoying the dusk of a beautiful summer night.

I was sitting with my 7-year old daughter, Christie (she was on my lap) and watched as the sun drifted into the west and we saw the moon rise to be 1/2 full. We also listened to the sounds of the night. The crickets, the birds-saying goodnight and we waited for the bats to come and feast upon the mosquitoes (we have alot in NJ).

As Christie looked into the sky and saw the clouds turn pink from the setting sun, she wished she had a straw to drink them because she said they looked like cotton candy! I told her to write that in the journal tonight, it's a good remembrance.

It was lovely. It was spur of the moment, I happened to be out in the garden, doing some weeding. Having some quiet time, you know-mom time. She came looking for me and we just decided to sit together, hugging and watching the night come.

I thank God for giving me that little slice of heaven.