Friday, July 14, 2006

What does Christianity have to do with it?

So, you make a mild aside about a blogger referring to poop a little too often (something the blogger has said about herself) and then you're accused of thinking it's a sin to poop. What the heck is that about? Where did I say that? Does the fact that I'm a Christian freak people out so much that they lose common sense? I guess it's funny to poke fun at the backward Christian who doesn't understand the workings of the body and thinks references to poop are somehow unbiblical.

I guess I should mention this so that there isn't any kind of misunderstanding here. I would make poop references as well if I were the mom of small children but as a mom of older kids if I referred to their poop, they would kill me. In fact if they read this post (and sometimes they do) they will probably be appalled that I mentioned them and poop in the same sentence. In fact in my house if I even say the word pee or poop, everyone yells, "TMI." It's just not done :-)

So we have a difference in age of children and of personal preferences, not in religion :-) (That I even have to say that shows you how silly the Internet has become.)

BTW, I do think she is a good writer and that even her poop and butt stories can be funny.