Friday, October 13, 2006

What got into Shays?

I'm not a big fan of Shays since he is a moderate but I have a new respect for him:

Connecticut Rep. Christopher Shays made the remark when Kennedy came to his state to campaign for opponent Diane Farrell, who called on House Speaker Dennis Hastert to resign, the Hartford Courant reported.

"I know the speaker didn't go over a bridge and leave a young person in the water, and then have a press conference the next day," said Shays.

"Dennis Hastert didn't kill anybody," he added.
I didn't think he had it in him. I didn't think any Republican did :-) Way to go! Show those Democrats what kind of a hypocrite they are. I actually think, "at least _______ didn't kill anybody" should be the response to a lot of the attacks on the Republicans.

Read the rest here.